Friday, October 26, 2007
Grammy and Grandpa's Visit
Grammy and Grandpa Bob just left yesterday morning to head back to California. They had been visiting since last Saturday. Mommy and Daddy tried to convince them to stay a couple more days since the fires are still burning and they won't be allowed back on the mountain for awhile but Grammy really wanted to get back... I overheard her telling Mommy and Daddy that her house burnt down. Mommy was REALLY sad about it since it was the house she grew up in. In addition to Grammy losing everything she owns (including her car), Grandpa Kiemel's memory trunk was also lost. Mommy doesn't know all that was in it, but she knows it had important mementos from Grandpa's life. Luckily, Grammy and Grandpa were here visiting me during this horrible time... I kept their minds' off of the tragedy. We did all sorts of fun things together including an apple tasting party, the salmon hatchery, Triple X Rootbeer, shopping for new clothes, and a lot of eating out. Grammy and Grandpa introduced me to eating table foods. At each meal out, they always found something to give me... sometimes it was bread from their sandwich or the inside of a french fry. All I have to say about that is, "Mmm! Yummy!" We also had a lot of fun just hanging out together. I loved Grandpa's fuzzy beard and Grammy taught me all kinds of new things to do with my hands. Mommy says that we will see them again really soon since she and Daddy are planning to go down to California in a couple of weeks to help with Grammy's house. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment