Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ah... the Great Outdoors


Can I just say, I LOVE camping. There are many reasons to love it, but my favorites are the tent, being outside all day long, and staying up late! I have already been camping two times this summer. The first time we went to Camano Island State Park. Look at me having fun on the beach. Something really funny actually happened there- Daddy was giving Trev-dog a bath in the water and I decided I also wanted to go in, too. I quickly pulled off my socks, shoes and pants. It only took two steps into the water before I realized I wanted to go no farther. That water was freezing cold! The second camping trip took us to Mt. Saint Helens. Unfortunately, Mommy and Daddy forgot the digital camera so we don't have many pictures from the trip, but the one we do have is from the Ape Cave (I will have to add this one later). The Ape Cave is a 1.5 mile lava tube that runs underground. It was a difficult hike, but I had a great time! How many two year olds can say that they made it all the way through the difficult side of the Ape Cave?! I hope we will go camping again before the end of the summer!

No comments: