Sunday, May 20, 2007

From Birth to 3 1/2 Weeks








This is Baby Paige... I know that this is just my first entry and I am almost 4 weeks old, but it took me awhile to figure out what blogging is. So, let me start with an update of my life so far. I was born at 3:12 am on Tuesday, April 24th. My mom gave birth to me in the water at the Puget Sound Birth Center. It felt so good to be born into the warm water. My mom's midwives checked me out after an hour of life. I weighed 6 lbs. 6.5 oz., was 20 in. long, with a head circumference of 13.25 in. Everything else looked good... I even had something called the Babinski reflex, whatever that is. The first days at home were good, although feeding wasn't as easy as I thought it would be... once I got down the latching technique and realized that my mom had two breasts instead of one, I was a much better eater. Since then, I have done a lot of fun things. When I was just 3 days old, I met my mom's 4th grade class at Pine Lake Park. I was too tired to visit with the students, but they didn't seem to mind. Then, during Mother's Day weekend, we went on an Art Drive. I tried to stay awake to enjoy the art, but the car was just too relaxing. Next, I visited my mom's school again. This time, I actually opened my eyes and saw the students. They seem so enthusiastic! My mom and dad also took me back to see the midwives. They weighed me and discovered that I now weigh 6 lb. 13 oz. I gained a whole 7 oz. in just one week! It seems like I am right on track to being a healthy, happy baby. Finally, my mom and dad took me to the University District Street Fair yesterday. Wow, that was overwhelming- so overwhelming that I only woke up once last night! Mom and Dad must have been so excited to get two sets of four hours of sleep. I can't guarantee that will happen again... at least not for awhile. I just get so hungry in the middle of the night! Okay... it is time for me to go to bed now...

No comments: