Most grown-ups and many children have probably forgotten (or maybe never knew) that there are many different types of naps. I have created a guide to help everyone remember the art of napping.
Full Swaddle in the Dark- this nap is especially good for night time because it helps me feel safe and secure in my crib while keeping me warm. By keeping my arms and legs tight against my body, I am less likely to accidentally wake myself up. I also like this nap in the middle of the day- the darkness helps me sleep better.
Half-Swaddle in the Dark- the darkness reminds me of night time so I want to go to sleep. Only swaddling my legs keeps me warm and secure but gives me the freedom to play with my arms- sometimes, I suck on my hand during this type of nap and that is soothing.
Full Swaddle in Daylight- this nap happens when Mommy or Daddy want to go out but they don't want my nap disrupted. I can still ride in my car seat in a swaddle making it easy for all of us to stay right on schedule.
All Natural- this type of nap of happens when I fall asleep where ever I am- it could be in Mommy or Daddy's lap, in my car seat, or on the couch. This nap is especially nice because it happens naturally instead of Mommy and Daddy trying to force me to sleep. This most often happens in the daylight.
Cuddle- sometimes, I have a hard time sleeping by myself so Mommy or Daddy lets me sleep with him or her in the big bed. I especially like it when they put me on my tummy, on their chest- it is so warm and safe feeling.
Eyes Wide Open- if I am super tired, I fall asleep with my eyes open. You will know that I am napping because I will not be blinking and my body will be limp.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh the cleverness of me!! What great blogging. Paige is really a creative and prolific writer. I hope she is printing out the blogs for posterity's sake. Write on!!!
Post a Comment